Link to printer-friendly page

It should not be assumed that this site is publicly accessible and it may be on private property. Do not trespass.

Monument details

HER Number:TR 15 NE 1115
Type of record:Monument
Name:Site of Canterbury South station

Summary

Site of Canterbury South station.


Grid Reference:TR 153 564
Map Sheet:TR15NE
Parish:CANTERBURY, CANTERBURY, KENT

Monument Types

  • RAILWAY STATION (Post Medieval to Modern - 1889 AD to 1947 AD)

Full description

If you do not understand anything on this page please contact us.

The station served the Elham Valley Railway. Opened in 1889, it was closed in 1947. The station was a timber-framed corrugated-iron structure. It was demolished sometime in the 1960s.

From The National Monuments Record:
Site of railway station on the Elham Valley Line opened 1887 in and closed in 1947.


<1> Thames Valley Archaeological Services, 2002, Nunnery Fields Hospital, Canterbury, Kent: An Archaeological Desk Based Assessment (Unpublished document). SKe8109.

Sources and further reading

Cross-ref. Source description
<1>Unpublished document: Thames Valley Archaeological Services. 2002. Nunnery Fields Hospital, Canterbury, Kent: An Archaeological Desk Based Assessment.

Related records

TR 14 NE 10Parent of: Elham Valley Line (Monument)