It should not be assumed that this site is publicly accessible and it may be on private property. Do not trespass.
|HER Number:||TQ 54 SE 55|
|Type of record:||Listed Building|
Grade II listed building. Main construction periods 1867 to 1899
|Grid Reference:||TQ 5988 4498|
|Parish:||CAPEL, TUNBRIDGE WELLS, KENT|
- SITE (Post Medieval - 1867 AD to 1899 AD)
If you do not understand anything on this page please contact us.
The following text is from the original listed building designation:
TQ 54 SE CAPEL CASTLE HILL, SOMERHILL PARK
4/220 Lake Bridge
Bridge taking the drive to Somerhill over the head of the landscaped lake. Probably late C19. The lower part, the actual arches, are red brick whilst the upper part is local sandstone ashlar laid to courses. 3-span bridge of small round-headed arches with low stone cutwaters. Sides rise to parapet walls with rounded coping. Each end the parapet walls curve out to square terminal piers.
This bridge along with most of the buildings in Somerhill Park and indeed many on the estate was built to a superior standard by the Goldsmid family.
Listing NGR: TQ6070045300
English Heritage, List of Buildings of Special Architectural or Historic Interest (Map). SKE16160.
Sources and further reading
|---||Map: English Heritage. List of Buildings of Special Architectural or Historic Interest. |